Monday, July 15, 2013

do you remember all the city lights by the water?

matching drink: trader joe's french berry sparkling lemonade

lily pads.

"do you remember we were sitting there by the water? you saw me start to believe for the first time."

posin'

ducks.

landscape.

tree tops.

shades.

summer sun.

descending order.

In celebration of Bastille Day, I met with friends and headed to Echo Park Lake in Los Angeles for a nice picnic.  Though I've passed by the lake various times, I've never actually been to the park grounds.  I've always thought it looked rather nice with the large fountain things in the middle spewing out water, though my mom has always said it's dirty.  Much of the eastside has gone through some changes, and this Los Angeles neighborhood (along with the neighboring Silver Lake) is now considered "hip" and cool ... whatever it is, I did notice that the park really wasn't dirty, but rather, quite nice.  I was a bit upset that the pedal boats were not running, but I'll take a clean park and lake with no pedal boats than a dirty one with pedal boats.  My mom later informed me that Garcetti has been working on this area, on cleaning it up and making it nicer -- the park and lake has undergone rehabilitation.  Job well done Mr. Mayor, I'm liking it.  Last summer however, I visited MacArthur Park, also in LA with a similar fountain thing in the middle of their lake.  Unfortunately, MacArthur Park is still is quite dirty, I would *not* suggest having a picnic here.  Echo Park Lake however was quite pleasant and even had a small playground.  If you're looking for a nice place to picnic and people watch, Echo Park Lake is definitely an option to keep in mind (especially when the pedal boats are back up!).

detalles:
coral striped top -- express
coral skirt with pockets -- urban outfitters
round sunnies -- urban outfitters
rope cuff bracelet -- tory burch
loafers -- SAS shoes
purple crossbody bag -- kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment